This blog is connected to the class blog and shares information about the PYP Exhibition (PYPX) from the IBO guidelines.
Monday, 28 March 2011
Reflection from Kelvin
What did you achieve with your exhibition work this week?
I found out more about internet safety. I found out a website just for Kids safety.
(www.safekids.com) I interviewed experts about my inquiry questions. I
learned that people only make the internet unsafe because to make them popular
and to make money. I found out 2 websites to help me:
www.safekids.com and www.kidshealth.org .
What success did you have?
My success was to finish translating the newspaper article (my action plan)
I interviewed 2 experts to answer my inquiry questions (Mrs. Kashkari & IT expert from SLV)
I am ready for the ES sharing day on the 29th of March.
I achieved all the goals my mentor (Mrs. Copeland) set for me.
What interesting information did you find?
I found out a lot of information on www.safekids.com . This website is a website only for
parents to help their children to make their surfing more safer. I also found a video on
youtube that is about internet safety and tells you what you should never ever give away.
What "breakthroughs" did you make?
It took a lot of time to translate all the information from German to English.
It was my action plan to give away small flyers that describe on what
you should click on the make your Yahoo mail safer or G-mail safer etc.
After I finished that I was sooo happy because it got boring and I was
about to stop, but I didn"t.
What powerful connections did you make?
My Powerful connection and what I learned was that: We have a responsibility to make our
surfing safer. This is also my central idea and thats why I made my action because I am
giving the people the opportunity to make their internet safer by following my flyer
explanations.
What important conversations did you have?
I had a conversations (interview) with Ms.Kashkari.
She answered my inquiry questions and she told me
that the reason people make the internet unsafe is that
people want to get money or make themselves popular.
The same exact questions I asked the IT expert from my
dad's company and he said the exact same!
How did our 'mini-mini' exhibition help you?
It helped me to have an little idea about the ES sharing day and the real Exhibition.
It told me alitte bit about what I am going to say and It looks like when
I am presenting it to the parents.
Labels:
Kelvin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment